will ensure that: |
- The receptionists will answer your calls and deal with
your queries promptly and politely.
- You will be seen by a doctor
for urgent conditions on the same day you request assistance.
will be seen by a doctor for non-urgent conditions within two working days of
- You will be seen by the doctor of your choice,
unless you agree to an earlier appointment with another doctor.
will be offered a consultation of 15 minutes. You can request a telephone consultation.
- You will be seen as near as possible to your appointment time and
any reason for delay will be explained to you.
- You can contact
a doctor outside normal working hours by phoning Devon Doctors on 111. The contact
details are also available on the surgery answer phone message by dialling the
surgery number 01398 331304.
- If you are too ill or infirm to
come to the practice you may be visited at home.
- Repeat prescriptions
will be available for collection within 48 hours of request.
will be advised of the procedure for handling any complaints or suggestions you
- All aspects of your visit will be dealt with in strictest
confidence and you will have complete privacy if this is required.
will not be discriminated against in any way.
- We will regularly
review your long-term medication needs and will explain the likelihood of any
- The results of routine tests will be available
to you as soon as the practice receives them and a doctor has seen them. You will
be advised of the likely timescale when you attend for your test. It is the patient's
responsibility to find out the results. If tests produce an unexpected abnormal
result, the practice will contact you as soon as possible.
to the building for the elderly, disabled or young children will be easy and assistance
given if needed.
- Details of health promotion programmes will
be widely advertised on the practice notice boards and in the practice information
- All team members are fully committed to, and fully involved
in, continuing postgraduate education and professional development.
we would ask that you:|
- Speak politely to all members of the practice team. The practice
operates a Zero-Tolerance policy with regards to violence and aggression.
- Only ask for urgent appointments when appropriate.
home visits before 10am, if possible, to help the doctor plan his/her day.
- Please be prompt for your appointment and always contact the surgery
if you are unable to attend.